This is fiction. None of these people exist and none of this actually happened.
This is true. All of these people could have existed and all of it could have happened.
What would it be like to live in a world where:
- a happy, brilliant and beautiful Persian Iraqi immigrant geek mom discovers several deep truths about herself, humanity and the universe after inventing a game that changes the world while working at a global Silicon Valley powerhouse run by a goofy boy genius and his powerful MILF sidekick;
- the adventures of her star-crossed CIA super-agent buddy bring them together to change the world for the better;
- an evil Russian oligarch drives around in absurdly huge yachts planning absurdly huge crimes for absurdly nihilistic reasons;
- some sort of eerie feeling of something keeps lurking in the shadows;
- a massive fraud touches 900,000,000 people, kills at least five of them, and nearly tanks the biggest IPO ever;
- and the events of the day involve the presidents of China, Russia and the US; a nice but sporadically spineless boss; a car chase; at least two gun battles on at least two continents; yachts, suicides, war, rock and roll, alcohol, islands of all sorts and probably some sex, too?
Hold that thought…